If you’re interested in writing for Whosoever but not sure of a topic, here are some thought starters for various times of the year to spur your thinking, break that writer’s block and get those creative juices flowing.
- Welcoming, accepting, affirming: How to identify LGBTQ+ friendly churches and/or seminaries today
- The “spiritual, not religious” trend among LGBTQ+ people today
- Overcoming religious persecution and spiritual violence in today’s church
- LGBTQ+ activism in today’s church
- Getting a seat at the table for everyone in the LGBTQ+ community
Faith, Witness & The Bible
- Can you be both LGBTQ+ and fundamentalist?
- How to respond to LGBTQ+ phobia in the church
- An examination of common clobber passages used to condemn transgender people
- The case for “original blessing” rather than original sin
- Is being in a same-gender Christian marriage similar or different to heterosexual marriage?
Youth, Coming Out & Journeys
- Experiencing God (and/or Jesus) after being told God couldn’t, or wouldn’t, love us or our “sin”
- Addiction, guilt, shame: Queer identity isn’t humanity’s only closet
- How to deal with non-accepting Christian family members
- What Christian parents should know about today’s LGBTQ+ youth and teens
- The struggles of today’s LGBTQ+ people in “straight” marriages
- Being a bisexual Christian today
- The reality of being a non-white LGBTQ+ Christian today
- Is it still awkward to be a straight Christian ally to LGBTQ+ people?
- The reality of being a Black trans person of faith in America
- Why LGBTQ+ Christian voices are important to the Black Lives Matter movement
- What Jesus would have had to say about white privilege
- Why it’s important for LGBTQ+ people of faith to dismantle white privilege
- How straight privilege and white privilege affect LGBTQ+ people in the church in similar ways
- Being LGBTQ+ and spiritual with physical challenges
- Recommended reading/viewing lists for anyone wanting to learn more about oppression
Pride / Stonewall
- What LGBTQ+ Christians should be rioting about this year
- Recommended reading list for LGBTQ+ Christians who want to know their queer history