Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know the Lord is God!
It is he that made us and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him, bless his name!
For the Lord is good:
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.
Rejoice in the Lord always; again, I will say, Rejoice. Let all know your forbearance. The Lord is at hand. Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-9)
Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)
What are your thanks and praises?
- God’s patience with me.
- Guiding me to stronger faith.
- My loving companion Robin
- A pastor who instead of condemning me listened with an open ear
- The wonderful people at PFLAG for their unending support
- Being free from years of hiding and confusion
Things I praise God for:
- For the strength and love I feel from him everyday
- For gay clergy who are brave enough to come out of the closets
- For bringing me and my companion Robin together