Gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people are constantly told they are sick and sinful — that their very lives are an abomination to God. These words, repeated in pulpits, yelled at us from street corners and often said by family in our own homes as we grew up, harm our self-esteem and make us ashamed of living authentically as God created us.
How do you defend yourself? How do you answer these kinds of attacks and reclaim your life as a beloved child of God who was also created as a gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender person?
Get the answers to these questions and more in this seminar, co-hosted by Whosoever Founder Rev. Candace Chellew and Rev. Paul M. Turner, Senior Pastor of Gentle Spirit Christian Church, who teach you:
- How to take the sting out of any attack.
- The best way to answer any words of hatred or condemnation.
- Keys to avoid being dragged into a pointless religious debate.
- How to see our opponents as God’s beloved children.
- Spiritual practices you can do today to reclaim your authentic self.
As GLBT people we don’t have to be at the mercy of those who preach against us. It’s time for our community to empower ourselves and recapture our connection to God. We can no longer permit the words and actions of those who oppose us to shape our lives or stand between us and the God who made us and loves us.